Los Angeles, CA
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 200 million members in over 190 countries. With our increasing slate of originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
The Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) supports our corporate and studio functions in all geographic regions, including Netflix Original Productions across all verticals. This LA based role will be instrumental in assessing risk to a multi-faceted and evolving content acquisition strategy globally. Responsibilities will include reviewing and conducting risk assessments of creative/production activity, monitoring global events, and analyzing threats and incidents.
• Direct and coordinate the activities of GSOC staff on a corresponding operational shift.
• Assess and prioritize operational intelligence collection activities in support of the Content Risk and Protective Intelligence efforts
• Analyze and investigate threats and security incidents impacting employees and offices
• Provide security assessments and advice for travelers
• Provides security/threat assessment support to higher-risk activities such as: premieres, production/scouting activity, and Netflix sponsored events
• Assist in developing support for global crisis management and response
• Provide analysis of global security and geopolitical events to provide country-level trigger events and incident impact analysis needed to keep Netflix employees and productions safe, secure and resilient
• Demonstrate relevant experience, which can include academics, intelligence, military, journalism; must have had a focus on security issues and collection/analysis
• Bachelor, or equivalent degree, in International Relations/Political Science, Journalism, Public Policy, or related major (Masters Preferred)
• Experience managing or working closely with a Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) or equivalent
• Experience with production, media/entertainment, or tech a plus
• Familiarity with open-source and social media monitoring techniques
• Demonstrated body of work regarding security/geopolitical issues
• Refine the company's risk perspective and provide analysis of security incidents
• Maintain an awareness of security trends affecting global media/entertainment creation
• Communicate relevant analysis and forecasting to key studio stakeholders
• Interact with a wide range of personalities, from law enforcement and intelligence agencies to embassies and creative professionals, to provide simple, effective briefings
• Travel regionally and internationally as required (approximately 25%)