Manager, External Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? Do you believe that entertainment can have a social impact? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our communications team and work on our external affairs team could be the job for you!
About the Role: We are looking for someone who will join the External Affairs team to ensure that we address complex issues in our content responsibly, continue to make strides to reflect the audiences that we serve and to support our social impact efforts globally, by strategically building our relationships with third parties in the non-profit and academic space.
• Help to identify external organizations, opinion formers and academics that can advise Netflix on key issues related to our content, our social impact efforts and our representation efforts.
• Manage Netflix's ongoing partnerships and relationships with external third parties/organizations.
• Act as a second point person for the content, marketing and PR teams on external expert content consultation.
• Manage internal requests and record learnings from projects.
• Lead contract renewals and scope drafting for the third parties we build annual partnerships with.
• Facilitate internal workshops with partner organizations.
• Help manage the ongoing maintenance of the global resource site.
• Partner with content, marketing and PR teams to create resources with external organizations for specific titles (e.g. advisory cards, content for the global resource site).
• Manage the internal data collection and coordination for academic studies.
• Track competitive industry efforts and catalogue learnings.
• 5+ years experience working in public affairs, stakeholder engagement, corporate social responsibility or communications within a media/entertainment company, or related nonprofit.
• Understanding of how the entertainment industry works, including familiarity with the nonprofit community specific to media and entertainment, including knowledge of key organizations and issues.
• Knowledge of the domestic NGO landscape.
• Experience working nonprofits, academic institutions and industry organizations.
• A proven track record in effecting change, including through campaigns and by working with third parties.
• The ability to think from first principles and work well cross functionally, including with outside partners.
• Strong written and oral communication/advocacy skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
• A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done.
For more about Netflix please read our blog and culture memo.