Specialist, Communications (Entertainment + Studio)
Do you live and breathe entertainment and the business of entertainment? Do you stay ahead of the curve and take in the latest films and TV shows across different platforms? Are you interested in the executives, deals and creatives who make it happen? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment? Are you a creative thinker who loves finding solutions to tricky problems or new angles to pitch stories? If this sounds like you, we are looking for you to join our team!
The Specialist, Communications is a key contributor on the team responsible for promoting and protecting Netflix's reputation for series, films, and studio operations. In addition to helping define the Netflix narrative, this role will work on announcements, pitches, executive briefings, and more. This role is based out of the Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Communications for Entertainment + Studio.
The ideal candidate will have a finger on the pulse of culture with experience in entertainment or media companies, including working directly with production partners, talent representatives, and press. They will be creative and proactive, and able to make wise decisions and exercise sound judgment even when faced with ambiguity. They will be a collaborative team player, resourceful, optimistic, and solution-oriented.
• Identify impactful story angles, craft pitches, and secure stories centered around Netflix's series and films
• Draft announcements, briefing materials, and messaging documents
• Develop and nurture media contacts
• Track, vet, and respond to media requests
• Partner closely with creative executives, publicity, marketing, product, policy, production, and other cross-functional teams
• 7+ years of experience in corporate or agency settings with a focus on entertainment
• Background in journalism and/or entertainment business also highly relevant
• Passionate about the evolving entertainment landscape with a strong working knowledge of social platforms and trends.
• Working media relationships at traditional and emerging entertainment and business outlets
• Experience handling high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people and teams while simultaneously managing competing priorities
• Ability to leverage insights, develop and secure stories aligned to company priorities
• Clear and concise communication style that can effectively convey complex ideas written and verbally
• Meticulous organizational skills, good judgment of brand and comms risks, and effective time management
• Have a point of view, and be able to offer a unique perspective and voice
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $65,000 - $220,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
For more about Netflix please read our blog and culture memo.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj150w-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.