Software Engineer (L5) - Product Engineering
At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created, and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 220 million paid subscribers, and are expanding into new forms of entertainment such as gaming. Engineering teams within Netflix work hard every day to scale and innovate this content production and member experience in an ever-growing complex software landscape.
We are looking for distributed systems engineers to work on many of our core backend systems that directly impact our API platform, messaging, personalization, sign-up, partnership, payments, and billing systems.
As an engineer in this function, you are passionate about scalable and highly available complex distributed systems and have a deep understanding of how they operate and fail. You will be expected to work cross-functionally and drive large projects throughout their lifecycle from identifying the problem to launching in production.
Does this sound like something you'd like to do? Awesome, let's talk specifics.
What we need from you
• You are skilled in object-oriented programming, and write excellent code. You care greatly about quality, readability, maintainability, and performance of your team's and your code.
• You are proficient in systems design. You can craft systems and solutions to realize a range of product and engineering goals.
• You have experience building large-scale infrastructure, and crafting robust, high-scale, low-latency distributed systems in production environments.
• You love driving real business impact by applying your software engineering, analytical and collaborative skills across engineering, product, design, data science, and consumer insights.
• You can work through ambiguity, multi-task effectively, and are highly motivated to lead cross-functional projects and deliver high-quality solutions.
• You strive to improve yourself and help your colleagues grow. Your co-workers think of you as someone who is kind and does excellent work.
• You communicate effectively in both written and verbal form. You are a great listener, and give all voices an opportunity to express themselves.
• You are self-driven, and impact oriented. You prioritize thoughtfully across a large number of competing asks.
We seek to grow inclusive and diverse teams that will enhance our perspectives, skill-sets, and behaviors. We highly encourage you to apply if your background will complement us, even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out-and set you apart-especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5o1v3-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.