Software Engineer L5 - Ads Platform (Salesforce Developer)
At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 233 million paid subscribers.
We launched a new ad-supported tier in November 2022 to offer our members more choice in how they consume their content. Our new tier allows us to attract new members at a lower price point, while also creating a compelling path for advertisers to reach audiences that are deeply engaged.
The Ads Platform Engineering teams build advertising systems and integrations that powers the delivery of ads using our world class content delivery ecosystem. We use a number of Netflix investments and innovations to power our ads - unique mix of client and server side ad insertions, state-of-the-art content delivery system, ad encoding recipes, content understanding and metadata etc. We deliver ads in a manner that's thoughtful of our member's viewing experience and drive great outcomes for advertisers. We also ensure that advertiser brand safety is ensured during serving, members only see the most appropriate ads for them.
Our team is new and yet faced with the enormous ambitions of building highly performant advertising systems and delivering high impact to our business by monetizing our incredible slate of content. As one of the newest entrants in the Connected TV advertising space that's rapidly growing, we seek to build unique value propositions that help us differentiate from the competition and become a market leader in record time.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers working in the advertising space who are excited to join us on this journey.
Skills & experience we're seeking:
• Excellent understanding of Salesforce platform and products such as Sales Cloud, Mulesoft, Service Cloud and force.com.
• Developed many cloud based applications and has a solid foundation in Java and can demonstrate writing efficient and scalable Apex Code, Lightning and Visualforce code.
• Excellent understanding of Salesforce.com's SOQL and SOSL.
• Experience with database concepts and data modeling capabilities, specially Sales Accounts and Agency hierarchy.
• Developing through all phases of the development lifecycle, from initial technical designs, implementation, testing, to production deployments.
• The ability to quickly learn new features, technologies, and to communicate effectively with various business owners, technical staff members, and multi-functional teams.
Nice to haves:
• Admin and/or developer certification on Force.com platform. Familiarity with Order Management systems and their integration with Salesforce.
• Well grounded domain experience in guaranteed and non-guaranteed inventory reservations and management (Sales Enablement), Sales tooling, Integrations with OMS and CRM systems.
• General understanding of the advertising marketplace and landscape.
• Familiarity with legal compliance and changing landscape of ads regulations around the world.
• Experience working in the CTV space and knowledge of its unique constraints.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $100,000 - $720,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7p86p-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.