Software Engineer (L5) - Frontend
At Netflix, our mission is to Entertain the World.
Over 230 million members around the globe enjoy our award-winning movies and TV shows, but much of our growth still lies ahead.
Our team is part of an organization responsible for driving the growth of Netflix's subscriber base. Our work helps users discover Netflix, sign up for Netflix, and maintain their Netflix service. We measure our team's success in the company's quarterly revenue.
Our team sits at the heart of all growth initiatives and at the intersection of product development and platform innovation. We find satisfaction in pioneering product features on emerging technologies and establishing code patterns for the entire organization. We take pride in owning all productized experiences in the growth space by consistently looking for opportunities to raise product quality and pay down tech debt.
This role will primarily focus on our web product and its underlying architecture. Here are some examples of efforts that you will have a chance to be a part of:
- Evaluating the tradeoffs among the different technologies for the various product areas
- Migrating our web product toward a more sustainable long-term architecture
- Adopting our Design System components into all areas of the web product
- Working on tech debt to improve product stability and developer experiences
- Mentoring junior engineers and take part in their growth and development
What Sets You Apart
We value aptitude over experience, and here are some key points that will make you successful on our team:
- Incredibly selfless and willing to ''Pick up the Trash,'' a metaphor for taking care of problems, small and large, and never thinking ''that's someone else's job.''
- Demonstrates proven technical leadership for leading large-scale projects
- Exhibits exceptional grit and persistence when it comes to solving challenging technical problems
- Experience with server-driven UI (SDUI) is a plus
What's Different About Us
- Big impact: Opportunity to impact products that hundreds of millions of customers use every single day
- Growth: Expanding your skillset into deeper layers of the stack or trying your hand at different UI platforms
- Ownership: We value context over control, empowering you to take ownership of your projects and make informed decisions
- Stunning colleagues: Work with and learn from our amazing talent on every project
- Inclusive: We embrace different backgrounds, perspectives, and styles because it helps us make better decisions
- Distinctive culture: We live by our values, learn more about our unique culture
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $700,000
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rby1v6-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.