Software Engineer (L4) - Consumer Engineering
At Netflix, we want to entertain the world and are constantly innovating on how entertainment is imagined, created, and delivered to a global audience. We currently stream content in more than 30 languages in 190 countries, topping over 220 million paid subscribers, and are expanding into new forms of entertainment such as gaming. Engineering teams within Netflix work hard every day to scale and innovate this content production and member experience in an ever-growing complex software landscape.
We are looking for distributed systems engineers to work on many of our core backend systems that directly impact our API platform, messaging, personalization, sign-up, partnership, payments, and billing systems.
As an engineer in this function, you will be applying your software development skills to solve complex problems with real world impact. You will be learning and contributing to scalable, highly-available, complex distributed systems powering the most sophisticated entertainment service in the world.
Does this sound like something you'd like to do? Awesome, let's talk specifics.
What we need from you
• You are skilled in object-oriented programming and take pride in crafting efficient, maintainable and testable code. You have a solid foundation in computer science and software development concepts.
• You are able to work independently and drive features or components throughout the development lifecycle - from identifying requirements to launching in production.
• You have exposure to the development, debugging, testing and operation of APIs, distributed systems, and cloud-based services.
• You are self-driven, prioritize effectively, and focus on impact.
• You communicate clearly in written and verbal form.
• Your co-workers think of you as someone who is kind and does excellent work.
We seek to grow inclusive and diverse teams that will enhance our perspectives, skill-sets, and behaviors. We highly encourage you to apply if your background will complement us, even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out-and set you apart-especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 - $399,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2eoqm-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.