Ultra-high quality audio, timed-text and video sources, received in formats such as SMPTE IMF, QuickTime, and W3C TTML, are transformed by the Netflix content processing system into a suite of delivery formats (e.g., ISO Base Media File Format), providing a ubiquitous streaming experience to our global audience. The Media Systems team, part of Encoding Technologies, is responsible for a wide range of cloud-scale microservices that span multimedia ingest and validation, timed-text processing, and content packaging and encryption (DRM).
The unrivaled scale of content ingestion at Netflix exposes unique challenges - our active participation in standardization forums such as SMPTE, W3C Timed Text Working Group (TTWG), and MPEG, as well as our contribution to open source software (OSS) development activities enables us to obtain scalable industry-wide solutions.
• You exhibit leadership abilities and flexibility - you like to work hands-on and self-directed in a fast-paced, freedom and responsibility environment and make objective decisions to further Netflix business
• You are creative - you thrive in a setting that empowers you to go out of the box and apply your expertise to solve significant technical challenges
• You are an expert in OO programming (Java, Python, or C++). You have a strong passion for software development, and you constantly strive toward becoming a better software engineer
- employing the right techniques for the problem at hand
• You are incremental in your approach to software development and take full responsibility for the quality of your code and end-to-end testing
• You have a demonstrated track record in building large-scale, resilient distributed services
• You have in-depth experience with multimedia compression, delivery, playback, and processing systems
• Involvement in an open-source multimedia project such as GPAC, FFMpeg or GStreamer is a big plus
• Experience with as well as scalable RESTful web services (Java backend technologies preferred), as well as various persistence technologies ranging from key-value to document to column-family to graph datastores, is a plus
• Design and develop highly scalable systems layer tools such as readers/parsers, and writers for a variety of stream formats such as QuickTime, IMF, MPEG2TS, MP4, W3C TTML, H264, H265, AAC, AV1
• Collaborate cross-functionally with teams such as content operations and streaming client engineering to define new ingest and streaming specifications
• Participate in standardization forums ranging including SMPTE, W3C, AOM and MPEG as well as related OSS activities
• Build and deploy cloud-scale solutions using microservices principles and RPC or REST-based frameworks
• Define and implement data models and strategies for efficient persistence and querying of media analysis data
• Define RPC or REST APIs, implement scalable web services and build integrations with APIs and services from other teams
• Implement workflow solutions for orchestrating microservice deployments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2vn32-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.