As a VFX Pipelines Engineer you will be working with production teams and digital artists (internal & external) to develop and deploy pipelines for our VFX teams. In this role you will be responsible for providing solutions to scale the automation of processes, and integrate third-party applications. You will analyze production and artist's needs; and design and develop architecture and tools with customized enhancements to provide solutions to support the growth of production and its global reach. You should have experience with service-based architectures; programming in languages like Python, Node.js, C++, or Java; developing tools using a variety of third-party software APIs; and working in a production environment.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, implement and iterate with users on tools and workflow that service multiple productions and leverage best practices.
• Collaborate closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps across enterprise applications.
• Provide guidance to artists and Technical Directors on designing user-friendly experiences, and structuring data.
• Maintain and update existing near-term solutions until features are incorporated into enterprise applications.
• Develop plug-ins or tools for artists working around the world.
Some qualifications we'd like to see
• Experience working with VFX or Animation artists,building pipelines for a variety of artist domains such as PreViz, Look Development, Lighting, Animation, Compositing, FX, etc.
• Experience in VFX and/or 3D feature animation engineering teams, building and supporting technology that connects or extends the capabilities of tools like Shotgun, Nuke, Houdini, Maya, Avid, ProTools, After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere, along with tools for review and render-farm management.
• Experience transforming business operations in a large enterprise with many simultaneous productions.
• Extensive experience in Python, Node.js, C++, or Java.
• An ability to work independently and drive results.
• Understanding of cloud storage and computing.
• Working knowledge of data management, and content security best practices.
• The communication skills to clearly articulate and document technical processes.
• A passion for sound and the moving image.
Looking for More Information? Check Out the Following Resources:
• Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily.
• Here is a technology blog on some of the pipeline infrastructure the team has been working on.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1n9m-3-229-142-104-42 in your application.