Product Designer, Personalization
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix provides an amazing entertainment experience to over 193 million global subscribers. In order to succeed at this scale and deliver joy to our members we continuously innovate in the product and content engineering spaces. Key enabler of innovation is the sophisticated platform infrastructure and associated applications that are used by our engineers everyday.
These applications can have such a significant impact on our teams' productivity and pace of innovation that we're expanding our Platform Infrastructure UI team to deliver great developer experiences across an expanding breadth of exciting technologies.
We're looking for a Senior UI Engineer with great UX and design skills to embed in our Platform Engineering group with a focus on Netflix's Cloud Infrastructure, which powers our highly distributed streaming services.
In this role you will work closely with Cloud Infrastructure teams to gain a deep understanding of the domain and its use-cases. You will deliver user-friendly applications that provide administration, self-service capabilities, and operational visibility into Netflix's cloud infrastructure, to make systems like our global container orchestration platform (Titus), our Cloud Gateway service (Zuul), and our region evacuation solutions (Nimble) even more efficient and approachable.
Aside from building highly effective solutions we encourage you to share creations and learnings with broader audiences: both internally and externally. Feel empowered to inspire and influence others in continually improving the UX and ecosystem across our infrastructure applications.
• Design and implement front-end applications and services to provide operational insight and self-service capabilities to our platform infrastructure offerings which serve as the foundation for our streaming control plane and our content engineering workloads
• Partner closely with stakeholders, drive requirements gathering and incorporate this in the UI solutions
• Interfacing closely with users to understand pain-points and use-cases.
• Take ownership of the product and feature from inception to operating in production
• Iterate quickly and incorporate feedback
• A good knowledge of User Interface patterns and techniques to solve common UI problems.
• Familiarity with TDD and concepts like mocking and stubbing for unit / integration tests.
• Deep understanding of RESTful API design, and developing web applications that use RESTful apis.
Nice to have:
• Familiarity with building dashboards, using graphing libraries
• Familiarity with data visualizations using libraries like D3.js
• Familiarity with building APIs