Senior Software Engineer - Experimentation Platform
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment by producing, distributing, and streaming content at a massive scale. Over 200 million members around the globe are currently enjoying more than two billion hours per month of original series, documentaries and feature films. Visit our Long-Term View to learn more.
The Privacy Assurance & Engineering team promotes privacy-enhancing designs, sets engineering standards and builds systems to ensure Netflix is managing data correctly. We are a small and agile team with tremendous visibility and impact across Netflix, and with Netflix's culture of ''Freedom and Responsibility'', you'll decide how to best use your talents and time.
This role is focused on privacy assurance across Netflix Customer, Studio and Employee data, with an opportunity to drive impactful privacy engineering initiatives for the Netflix engineering ecosystem and for the benefit for our customers. You will use Privacy by Design principles to identify improvement opportunities, break complex problems into manageable pieces, define key results and metrics, execute technical programs, and deliver results.
In this role you will identify, plan and manage various privacy assurance programs from small improvements to multi-year cross functional initiatives. You will partner across disciplines including engineering and legal, to further develop our engineering guidelines as well as to track and measure the effectiveness of our existing data privacy controls. You'll learn and grow alongside stunning colleagues who share your attention to detail and appetite for problem-solving.
• You have a passion for data privacy and are familiar with Privacy by Design principles and/or other privacy frameworks.
• You are an engineer at heart. You're effective in working with software and data engineers on implementation details. You're comfortable in both leveraging technical experts and writing your own scripts/queries when needed.
• You have extensive experience in leading complex engineering programs, and can choose the right approach based on the problem at hand.
• You are excited about continuous improvement, metrics and data, and your experience allows you to identify and address weak signals early.
• You are action oriented and able to solve ambiguous, complex technical problems.
• You are a great communicator and can drive complex technical discussions with audiences of varying technical and subject matter backgrounds.
Stunning colleagues come from a variety of education levels and backgrounds. The Netflix culture determines who we hire, how we work together, and how we make decisions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb7mje-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.