Product Manager, Partner Enablement
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix has a unique and innovative culture that guides us to do things differently. Two important aspects of the culture that affect how we operate are ''Freedom and Responsibility'' and ''Context not Control.'' Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility to do the right thing for Netflix. Instead of controlling engineers with process and security gates, we enable them to build secure code and provide them with adequate security context to make the right decisions for Netflix.
The Information Security Engineering Program Management team is a force multiplier for the Infosec organization; we partner closely with engineering teams across Netflix to deliver impactful and scalable security initiatives. The team is also a key driver for the success of Infosec's partnership program which aims at enabling our customers and stakeholders to meet their goals in a secure way. We collaborate with leaders inside and outside the Infosec organization to align on strategic goals and vision to further the security roadmaps for our partnering teams in a business conscious way. We then work with the right stakeholders to establish and drive initiatives that move the needle on this.
We are leaning into the ''T'' (Technical) for this role. By technical, we mean that the ideal candidate has a strong understanding of Information Security fundamentals and ability to gain a technical understanding of the entirety of the program across its lifecycle. This role requires both strategy and execution skills. Onboard, one of the first initiatives you will be responsible for is the execution of our managed access control strategy for Netflix's engineering ecosystem. This program focuses on enabling right-sized, universally adopted and enforced access control for compute and data resources to help reduce security risk and improve developer productivity.
You will drive large, at-scale security initiatives across multiple stakeholders ranging from central engineering leadership and teams, product managers, engineering managers, and developers. It is a great opportunity to help mature the security posture in the most rapidly growing parts of our business and gain intimate knowledge of Netflix's security products and services.
• You are passionate about leading by influence. This role requires advocating for change with a variety of teams in Netflix's unique culture.
• You demonstrate the ability to establish a strategic vision and execute on it.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including clear articulation of business impact and technical constraints tailored to the audience.
• You are able to triage multiple initiatives to make a judgment to tackle the right problems at the right time.
• You have a risk driven mindset for security in your decision making.
• You have developed and driven security initiatives such as building platform wide authentication systems, authorization at scale, vulnerability management, etc. This includes defining scope, driving consensus on the technical design, building and aligning on roadmaps and proactively identifying and managing risks.
• You have an ability to identify gaps in solutions, debate technical approaches and weigh-in on product vs technology tradeoffs.
• You have an understanding of technical foundations in identity and access management, cloud infrastructure security, and security in general.
• We understand that candidates may come from all different education levels and backgrounds. We encourage this! If you love working on the kinds of problems outlined above, then we should talk.
Finally, here's a few more reasons why we love this work, and think that you will too:
• You will be working with an industry leading security team with many opportunities to improve existing projects and identify new ones.
• We are a big fan of open source software and sharing information. We share when it makes sense and are always researching new ideas from across the community.
• You enjoy learning and working closely with domain experts in diverse areas such as microservices architecture, data science and engineering, content delivery networks, and a production studio.