Netflix runs on millions of smart TVs, set-top boxes, MVPD's, androidTV devices, and game consoles. Millions of Netflix subscribers enjoy watching Netflix, and we take pride in shipping high-quality software to enable a flawless movie-watching experience.
Our team (Device Automation and Test team) provides the Device and Test Automation platform to enable continuous integration testing of the Netflix application on various devices. In addition, we are extending our infrastructure to enable our device partners to certify the Netflix application on their devices. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join our team to help us in this mission.
This role is right for you if:
• You understand application design and architecture and have experience developing software solutions.
• You understand the Linux OS, its kernel, file system and can comfortably debug system issues.
• You understand the networking details in client/server communication and can comfortably debug issues related to HTTP, TCP, DNS etc.
• You are familiar with more than one programming language.
• Knowledge of graphics is a big plus.
• You have built scalable and reliable services.
• You own and drive initiatives.
• You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and use your communication skills to influence product direction.
• You enjoy test-driven development and believe testing is integral to developing high-quality code
Some problems that you might work on:
• Extend and provide network testing infrastructure (DNS overrides, IPV4/IPv6 switch, traffic shaping) running in a container in AWS cloud infrastructure and extend the same solution on hardware.
• Provide containerized testing infrastructure for server/client testing.
• Improve developer ergonomics for easy debuggability of Netflix reference application running in AWS cloud infrastructure.
Why Netflix and this team:
• We are not afraid to rethink existing designs and rebuild whenever needed.
• Our freedom and responsibility culture is unique, and we live by those values.
• You will work with amazing colleagues and be learning and sharpening your skills.
• You will have a direct and lasting impact on our user experience which is used by tens of millions of people every day.
• When your friends and family ask you what you do for a living, you can point to Netflix running on their TV and say with pride ''I make that possible.''
• We embrace different perspectives and backgrounds as we believe it helps us make better decisions.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p1z3-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.