Senior Software Engineer - User Systems & Data
Los Gatos, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Workflows & Foundations (Delivery Engineering)
The Delivery Engineering team at Netflix is building Spinnaker, our Continuous Delivery platform that is facilitating Netflix in delivering billions of hours of movies and TV shows per month to over 195 million paid memberships. The ability to rapidly and confidently deploy the code that directly affects the Netflix experience is a huge competitive advantage. Whether it's an internal tool, a new recommendation algorithm, or changing the UI to showcase Stranger Things, teams across Netflix rely on Delivery Engineering's Continuous Delivery platform to make it happen.
We are looking for senior software engineers to join our Delivery Engineering team. We're eager to talk to you if you're passionate about building software that enables developers to use the cloud more effectively, enables developers to deploy code to production, and accelerates developer productivity.
What you will do:
• Work on Spinnaker, Netflix's Continuous Delivery platform.
• Help us evolve our continuous delivery platform, by building new features and support for our internal teams at Netflix as well as our Open Source community.
• Coordinate and scale the build and cloud deployment systems across all product development teams at Netflix.
The skills we require:
• Great communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Relevant software engineering experience (working on distributed architectures).
• Experience with Java or other JVM languages.
• A curious mind, with a bias towards learning.
• Experience and comfort with modern relational and non-relational databases.
The skills we prefer:
• Experience with AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, or similar cloud environments.
• Experience building and managing automated build/test/deployment environments.
• Familiarity with languages like Groovy, Kotlin, or Python.