Senior Software Engineer, Open Connect Edge Accelerator
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is reinventing the way the world is entertained. Over 200 million members around the globe already enjoy our award-winning content, but most of our growth still lies ahead. To support this, we focus on product/engineering excellence to ensure our global audience can connect with new stories and content within innovative product experiences.
The Web UI Engineering team drives the innovation of the Netflix member experience through web-based feature experimentation. Our goal is to continuously innovate the member experience of the netflix.com website with personalization that connects the right user to the right content at the right time! We are a dream team composed of a variety of identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Diverse teams are strong teams, so we encourage anyone who is interested and believes they would be a good fit to apply!
Opportunities to Make an Impact
• Build compelling features within the netflix.com member experience that enables our users to connect with content that brings joy.
• Push the boundaries of the Web UI performance to ensure great UI/UX across browsers, bandwidths, and accessibility needs.
• Integrate new services, components, libraries, and technologies into the architecture of the Web UI member feature-set to maintain alignment with contemporary best practices and design patterns.
• Contribute your expertise, insights, and feature ideas to advance the Web UI innovation charter.
What Sets You Apart
• Passionate about making infrastructural, architectural, and performance-based improvements (e.g. service migrations, client library adoptions, and web component standardizations).
• Enjoy building high-impact, modular, beautiful, and ''snappy'' web-based user experiences at scale.
• Experienced with building high performance, cross-browser web animations using modern technologies (e.g. Framer Motion, Web GL).
• Embrace an innovator's mindset (desire to fix problems, proactively bringing ideas to the table).
• Independent, proactive, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance.
• Great communication and collaboration skills, working cross-functionally with other product development, platform, and business partners.
• Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily.
• We're empowering members all over the world to connect with unique stories through a highly personalized and customized Web UI member experience.
• You'll work with other stunning engineers and continue your career growth alongside a team of stunning Senior Software Engineers.
• You'll collaborate with product managers and designers, data scientists, and algorithm experts, even participate in user research interviews to learn more about our member's needs!
• We pay top of market with excellent benefits