Senior Software Engineer - User Systems & Data
Los Gatos, CA
We are looking for a generalist engineer who is passionate about developing tools to improve the productivity of developers and testing across multiple devices.
This role is right for you if:
• You have built scalable and reliable services.
• You are comfortable or open to developing services in NodeJS.
• You own and drive initiatives.
• You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and use your communication skills to influence product direction.
• You enjoy test-driven development and believe testing is integral to developing high-quality code.
Why Netflix and this team:
• We are not afraid to rethink existing designs and rebuild whenever needed.
• Our freedom and responsibility culture is unique, and we live by those values.
• You will work with amazing colleagues and be learning and sharpening your skills.
• You will have a direct and lasting impact on our user experience which is used by tens of millions of people every day. When your friends and family ask you what you do for a living, you can point to Netflix running on their TV and say with pride ''I make that possible.''
• We embrace different perspectives and backgrounds as we believe it helps us make better decisions.
Some problems that you might work on:
• Work on green space problems. Netflix SDK is undergoing architectural changes which has opened up a number of avenues to design automation solutions.
• Manage the linux reference application clusters in the cloud to move to a more cost effective instance and provide scale down strategy.
• Work on extending the visualization which shows product and test insights.