VP Of Engineering For Content Acquisition and Finance Systems
Los Gatos, CA
More than 200 million people in over 190 countries now stream Netflix. Our members can watch on almost any screen, but over 70% choose to watch on a TV device.
The TVUI Reach team is focused on making the Netflix TV app and content available to customers across the world. We achieve this with APIs that enable users to discover Netflix content outside of the Netflix app in content centric UIs and via voice interactions. We also scale the Netflix TV app to provide the best experience to users, irrespective of the limitations a device or a network might have.
As part of this team, you will lead the engineering efforts to create a tooling and automation strategy for a) memory and performance benchmarking to enable scaling of Netflix TV app experiences and b) Netflix content APIs and Voice enablement.
We have a unique culture that allows you to do your best work. It's worth checking out our culture memo to gain a better understanding of how we operate.
We are looking for a full stack engineer who is passionate about application performance and developing test frameworks and tools to improve product testing and innovation velocity. Experience with data analytics is a plus.
What to Expect
• Exercise your engineering expertise and passion for quality to author automation test cases and execute test strategy
• Improve and develop testing processes, in-production telemetry, tools and frameworks for visualizing app performance characteristics, in our continuous integration environment
• Drive quality engineering practices across teams
• Collaborate closely with your feature developer teammates to shape and ship innovative new experiences
• Champion test stability and reliability using test and in-field data
• Troubleshoot issues that may be attributable to device quirks, backend services, and everything in between
What's Different About Us
• Our team builds and scales TV applications and APIs, not websites or mobile apps
• Your work will have direct and measurable impact on Netflix
• We validate our judgment by A/B testing product variants with real customers
• We navigate unique performance and memory challenges on embedded devices
• Our tests run on real TV hardware in the cloud
• We pay top of market. We work to attract the best and brightest, and pay accordingly
• We live by our values, so it's worth learning more about us by reading our culture memo