Senior Data Scientist - Recommendation Algorithms
Los Gatos, CA
At Netflix, we are the largest production studio in the world. As part of the Studio Infrastructure team, we will be responsible for building the technology infrastructure to allow artist collaboration on a global scale. In this role, we will work closely with studio executives, artistic talent, and hardworking engineers across the company.
Do you have a passion for solving customer needs with technology and making their experience the best it can be? Would you enjoy being an early hire in a highly visible space with opportunity for growth? Are you interested in building the technical future of studio production infrastructure?
We are a collaborative team focused on building foundational compute components for artists and engineers. Much of the content created today exists at the intersection of technology and art and we are responsible for the technology foundations that make the best content of today possible. We provide the workstations, render, as well as systems and software foundations that power a global footprint of collaborative artist work environments in the cloud and on-prem.
• Work closely with customers and product management to define product and technical direction for the organization.
• Collaborate on the design of APIs at the heart of content creation.
• Partner with cloud providers like AWS and internal teams like Open Connect to identify hardware needs for the artist experience you're building.
• Learn more about studio production through hands on experience and identify new areas of technical opportunity through your compassion for our customers.
• 10+ years of experience in engineering with a history of driving product strategy and outcomes through technology.
• You have built ''always-on'' servers, services, or APIs.
• You have helped identify and define new products in your focus area, often pushing the boundaries of what is technically possible to delight your customers.
• You have been pragmatic in setting the technical vision and standards for your broader team, while staying focused on product outcomes.
• You are able to communicate well through written communication and capture your reasoning around decisions for teammates and partners.
• Knowledge of studio production is not required but preferred.
• You will be trusted by your team and the organization to make impactful decisions. We also provide support through mentorship and coaching.
• You will contribute to a safe and inclusive environment by being curious and vulnerable.
• We will learn how to build the best creative experience together.