At the heart of Netflix technology is the Platform, which serves as the foundation for Netflix application development, and powers the viewing experience of millions of customers every day. This Platform needs to be highly available at scale, robust, resilient and ergonomic.
The Service Networking team owns all things service-to-service communication at Netflix. We're defining the future of mid-tier service architecture, and this role is instrumental in helping us fulfill the vision. You will be rolling out Service Mesh, the next generation Service Discovery, and solving a myriad of challenging problems in the domain along the way.
• Passionate about defining and evolving service-to-service communication patterns and practices?
• Always looking for new ways to raise the level of abstraction and improve development experience at scale?
• Willing to adjust your decisions based on new data, and being curious about others' ideas?
• Focus on the big picture, display ownership, and take pride in your work?
• Enjoy collaborating closely with others to find solutions to a wide range of problems?
• Think in terms of trade-offs, and understand how to ship iteratively?
• Microservice architecture experience (preferred at scale)
• Solid understanding of what can go wrong in a large scale Network
• Development experience on a cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Experience working with partner and stakeholder teams on creating solutions with myriad, sometimes conflicting, requirements
Nice to have:
• Recent experience in C++
• Solid understanding of client-side load balancing
• Experience with using and/or extending Envoy, NGINX, Linkerd, Apache, IIS
We are looking for a pragmatic software engineer/technical leader who is willing to learn, empathise with application developers, and is ready to work through complex use cases across the organization and drive them to completion. The candidate should have a proven track record of building distributed infrastructure systems and shipping software at scale, and a solid understanding of what makes mid-tier services resilient and robust.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7ybp-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.