Netflix's mission is to bring diverse stories from around the world to our global members and entertain everyone. We are in this exciting era of internet TV and have an opportunity to deliver joy to the world.
We are a data infrastructure team responsible for building the stream processing engine layer that powers analytical and operational use cases. Our product value proposition is to provide leverage to other engineering organizations, empower them to focus on business logic. In the meantime, we focus on abstracting away compute, reliability, security, deployment orchestration, artifact & runtime management, operation and developer experiences, etc.
We innovate and deliver impact on company strategy bets and power various interesting use cases. Here are some examples: Keystone data pipeline, Data Mesh as an open-composable platform that supports heterogeneous data synchronization and CDC, personalization ETLs, data quality tracing, real-time monitoring of Netflix streaming health, contextual alerting, infra health check, chaos experimentation monitoring, PII detection, and many more!
We are committed to a culture of feedback, inclusion, and engineering craftsmanship. Every member of the team enjoys empowerment, autonomy, collaboration, and impact. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with relevant experience in distributed systems to build next-generation real-time data platforms. If you have a consistent track record architecting & building large-scale systems and enjoy solving intriguing distributed system challenges at internet-scale. If you are innovative at heart and have a good balance of learning, organizing, building, and enjoy making an impact, this role might be a potential fit for you!
Specifically, you will ...
• Build products that empower Netflix engineers from across the company.
• Drive the ongoing product vision on the multi-tenant, cloud-native, resilient, self-serve Stream Processing Platform, and continue to push the limits where the business requires.
• Work closely with our customers & partners, understand their use cases & needs, think strategically to seek the right problem to solve at the right time, and innovate with rigor.
• Collaborate with the team to be responsible for the entire software lifecycle.
• Work on, collaborate with, and influence the open-source community, and have an impact in the industry.
Good to have skills and growth opportunities:
• Experience in stream processing engines such as Apache Flink, Mantis, Apache Samza, Apache Spark, Apache Apex, etc.
• Broad understanding of the Data Platform ecosystem, including but not limited to storage engines, compute engines, and abstractions.
• Strong partnership in driving multi-functional projects forward.
We have a unique culture and live by our values. Please take a moment to read through our culture memo to learn more.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm2y1-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.