Studio Engineering builds the applications used by our creative partners producing original content. We're bringing unique stories from around the world to a global audience at a scale never done before, powered by Netflix Studio Engineering. With over 200+ million paid memberships and growing, our solutions enable the entire production workflow and provide creative ways to develop and manage entertainment at scale. To support this growth, several of our Studio Engineering teams are looking to expand! On these teams, you'll have a direct impact on how shows are produced on a global scale. With an increasing slate of diverse original content, the studio's production infrastructure needs are rapidly expanding and evolving. These efforts will unite top creative talent from across the world to tell unique stories in novel ways. You will help define these partnerships and workflows connecting individual artists both with each other and the wider Netflix ecosystem. People who do well on this team are autonomous engineers with empathy for creative users and a passion for technology innovation. We look for individuals with experience in distributed, cloud-based application development using microservices architecture. We also value people who are passionate about fantastic user facing experiences and workflows.
Current Openings include:
Digital Production Engineering: Digital Production provides workflow solutions for our shows to move various media assets across production departments. To enable this, we are developing a pipelines platform that can be used by teams to create highly customizable pipelines such as VFX Plate turnovers, VFX and Animation Rendering, Editorial workflows etc. The right candidate for this role will have experience in building such pipeline infrastructure solutions as well as be passionate in providing a great developer experience with a rich suite of tools and documentation.
Animation Content Engineering: Netflix is developing one of the most ambitious slates in animation of any studio in the industry. This is a highly unique opportunity to partner with creatives to rethink how a traditional animation studio works. In this role the ideal candidate will be nimble, forward thinking and display deep curiosity in order to create the future. You take pride in your ability to rapidly learn, grow, and evolve with your team and the business.
In this role you will:
• Elevate filmmakers worldwide with cutting edge creative tools
• Empower creative artists across the globe to tell unique stories in novel ways
• Engage with top creative professionals to define new workflows and techniques
• Leverage existing Netflix technology via cross functional partnerships.
• You'll work with other senior, high-performing engineers so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skill set
• You'll collaborate with product managers and designers and content creators, to build exciting new features
What We Are Looking For:
• Technical skills required:
- Ability to design and build microservice-based distributed systems
- Experience with Java and its ecosystem of frameworks a nice to have
• Independent, proactive, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
• Curious to learn new technologies and flexible to confront a variety of work
• Great communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
Looking for More Information? Check Out the Following Resources:
• Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily
• We have a lot of fun bringing wild ideas to life at Hack Day!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbx6m-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.