Senior Security Partner - Application Security
Los Gatos, CA
Are you excited to design software solutions that continuously delight over 195 million members across 190+ countries around the world? Do you have a passion for tackling the scale that comes with processing billions of requests daily? Are you driven to create elegantly simple designs for challenging architectural problems and inspiring others to do the same? If so, we would love to talk to you!
The Product Edge Access Systems (PEAS) team at Netflix is looking for an experienced, passionate, and self-motivated engineer to build the systems that enable secure access to the Netflix service.
Our team develops Netflix's cloud-based device and user authentication and authorization systems. Through collaboration with the security engineering teams at Netflix, you will design distributed systems that implement security solutions for device and user authentication.
Our systems are in the critical path for the Netflix service, so we must design them to be highly scalable and resilient to failure.
To be successful in this role, you must have excellent distributed systems software development and DevOps skills and excel in a highly collaborative and cross-functional environment. You must be curious about current technologies, judicious in applying them and be a quick learner who shares learnings with your stunning colleagues. Ideally, you will have experience with security technologies and applications such as TLS, cryptographic key exchange, and user and/or device authentication.
As a PEAS Engineer, you will:
• Architect, develop, test, release, and support server-side solutions for user & device access management
• Design APIs and partner with other engineering teams to integrate with PEAS services
• Innovate rapidly to evolve systems in support of changing business needs
Required Skills & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering experience
• Experience leading to a complete understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Expert in Java, C# or C++, object-oriented design and programming skills
• Expertise in building distributed systems (resiliency, fault tolerance, scalability) at scale
Bonus Points for Experience with:
• SpringBoot, gRPC
• Security technologies / protocols (SSL, key mgmt, authN/authZ, SSO, OAuth 2.0/Open ID connect)
• Cloud-based (AWS) architecture at scale
• Scrum and leading agile projects
You'll want to work with us if you:
• Love to solve challenging engineering problems
• Are passionate about building distributed, reliable, scalable, performant microservices
• Like to ship and support solutions that you design and build
• Like to move fast, you thrive in a fast-paced environment of innovation and cross-team collaboration
• Are comfortable taking calculated risks
• Are curious about technology and love to learn and grow as an engineer
• Enjoy mentoring and/or helping others develop their skills
• Enjoy working collaboratively with other engineers
• Communicate well, both written and verbally
• Are comfortable working in a distributed team environment
• Like to debug, triage and resolve production issues on existing services with a clear root cause analysis
Check out some of the conference presentations and blog posts that our team has published:
• Scaling Patterns for Netflix's Edge: #1 attended talk at QCon SF 2019!
• User & Device Identity for Microservices @ Netflix Scale
Netflix is remote inclusive and offers a unique culture that values freedom and responsibility. Do you want to be excited to go to work in the morning? Feel like the work you do makes a difference and moves the business in a meaningful way? Do you want to work with smart people who love to solve some of the most challenging problems Netflix faces? This is the kind of environment that we value at Netflix. High performance is not only noticed but required. Freedom and responsibility aren't just buzzwords, but how we operate every day.