Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with millions of members and a rapidly growing catalog. The product content experience team operates in a critical problem area where content meets product. We build foundational services to enable Netflix personalization to determine what content is eligible for discovery experiences, how our members experience this content and scale our discovery needs for an increasing variety of content types.
We are highly cross-functional, collaborating with machine learning engineers on one end and creative teams responsible for content and asset setup on the other end. If you're excited at the prospect of having a broad impact, then we'd love to talk to you.
As a member of this team, you will:
• Design, implement and support large scale, robust systems in a critical part of the stack to support consumer facing content needs and to scale for growing content types. E.g: leveraging server-driven ui approach to scale presentation of different content types, unified data access layer to abstract product systems from various content data sources.
• Interact with cross functional partners in content, analytics, product management as well as machine learning and software engineers to ensure we're always surfacing Netflix content in the best way.
• Participate in system design to ensure our systems scale with the evolving product complexity, growing catalog and our global member base
• Work in a fast-paced environment and are excited at the prospect of having a significant impact on a product that over 200 million subscribers use and love
We're looking for someone with:
• Strong coding skills, preferably Java
• Ability to thrive on cross functional projects with ambiguity, complex requirements and multiple stakeholders
• Passion for identifying and driving engineering initiatives to scale business needs
• Experience with engineering and operating large-scale distributed systems
• Strong communication skills
• Empathy for stakeholder challenges
• Unique culture: Our culture is built on some foundational values such as Freedom and Responsibility, Honest and Direct feedback and Context not Control. Read more about our values here
• High impact work: We entertain more than 200 million members across the globe with a massive catalog of content. You will directly enable and accelerate Netflix's ability to innovate on personalized content experiences
• Stunning colleagues: Work with amazing talent on every project
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwp5b-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.