Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment by producing, distributing, and streaming content at a massive scale. Over 200 million members around the globe are currently enjoying more than two billion hours per month of original series, documentaries and feature films. Visit our long-term view to learn more.
The Privacy Assurance & Engineering team promotes privacy-enhancing designs, sets engineering standards and builds systems to ensure Netflix is managing data correctly. We are a small and agile team with tremendous visibility and impact, and with Netflix's culture of ''Freedom and Responsibility'' you'll decide how to best use your talents and time.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build privacy engineering solutions spanning over the entire Netflix infrastructure. In this role, you will partner closely with other engineers, data scientists and TPMs to design, prototype, develop, run and improve data cataloging, detection and metadata systems at scale. This role provides an unique opportunity to work across diverse environments including distributed systems, data streaming and data warehouse solutions. You will have the freedom to innovate, solve interesting problems and impact the business in a meaningful way.
• You are passionate about data privacy.
• You are a strong software engineer with current expertise in at least one major language (e.g. Java, Python).
• You excel in using SQL (any variant) with large data sets, and have built data pipelines on technologies such as Spark, Presto, Flink or Kafka.
• You have a bias towards action and are comfortable navigating through ambiguous environments.
• You're able to communicate complex technical topics to diverse audiences with varying technical and subject matter backgrounds.
Stunning colleagues come from different education levels and backgrounds. The Netflix culture determines who we hire, how we work together and how we make decisions. You will be surrounded by a great team and empowered to produce your best work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ezkp-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.