Program Manager, Innovation Management
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment by producing, distributing, and streaming content at massive scale. Over 200 million members around the globe are currently enjoying more than two billion hours per month of original series, documentaries and feature films. Visit our long-term view to learn more.
The Privacy Assurance & Engineering team promotes privacy-enhancing designs, sets engineering standards and builds systems to ensure Netflix is managing data correctly. We are a small and agile team with tremendous visibility and impact across Netflix, and with Netflix's culture of ''Freedom and Responsibility'' you'll decide how to best use your talents and time.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build privacy engineering solutions spanning over Netflix customer, studio and employee data domains. You will partner with various engineering teams and use your expertise in data privacy to facilitate major initiatives for the Netflix engineering ecosystem and for the benefit of our customers. You'll join a cross-functional team in building large scale data detection and metadata systems, developing robust data pipelines, implementing systems and libraries, analyzing data and setting data management policies.
• Passion for data privacy - ideally you've built systems and solutions supporting data privacy such as data cataloging, data de-identification and differential privacy.
• You're familiar with Privacy by Design principles and can advocate for best implementation practices across the product development lifecycle.
• You are a self-starter and can navigate through ambiguous environments.
• You have an engineering mindset, current expertise in Java or similar language and experience in distributed systems engineering.
• You excel in using complex SQL with large data sets, and have built advanced data pipelines on technologies such as Spark, Presto, Flink, Kafka and others.
• You're able to communicate complex technical topics to diverse audiences with varying technical and subject matter backgrounds.
Stunning colleagues come from different education levels and backgrounds. The Netflix culture determines who we hire, how we work together and how we make decisions. You will be surrounded by a great team and empowered to produce your best work.