About the Team
The Search & Engagement team builds backend systems that help millions of members globally find and discover content they'll love via Search, Voice UI, and other interactive experiences in the Netflix product.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engagement team specifically. In this role you will build the backend systems that will shape how Netflix entertains the world. Your work will help current and future members find new ways to engage with our growing universe of content and talent by creating and optimizing new interactive experiences.
As a growing area of product and business focus, we need strong engineers with diverse perspectives to help us shape solutions and scale the team. In this role, you will provide leadership on cross-functional projects and partner closely with product management, applied research, data science, infrastructure, and UI teams.
• Passionate about product innovation
• Experience leading cross-functional projects
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Strong principles towards writing clean, simple, maintainable code
• BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related field
Bonus points for any of the following
• Experience with A/B testing on consumer facing products
• Experience building and maintaining datastores
• Experience in SOA, and Microservices architectures
• Cloud-based architectures (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Strong Java, Scala skills and knowledge
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roew2p-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.