Data Science Manager - Member Product
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix has 200+ million paid members in over 190 countries. Besides the organic channel, partnership plays a significant role to grow subscribers in global markets with more payment options and seamless integrated user experience. Partner Subscription Engineering team is responsible for designing and building a highly scalable distributed system to support partner subscription and payment lifecycle. Here are some articles on how we contribute to subscription growth, Comcast and Netflix Expand Partnership, Bundling Continues to Boost Netflix's Subscriber Growth, and Sky and Netflix agree new European partnership.
We are looking for a backend engineer who enjoys using your technology and collaborative skills on building tools to scale the partner payment integrations and operations. In this position, you will be challenged to optimize the partner integration and operations with innovative solutions, define requirements from internal and external pain points, and build tools that provide cross-functional impact.
• You are ambitious and highly motivated to deliver outstanding solutions with minimal mentorship.
• You have a proven track record working with cross-functional teams and driving towards solving problems.
• You love to automate manual steps to optimize and accelerate processes for Netflix and our partners.
• You are a hands-on engineer and good at finding simple and elegant solutions for complex problems.
• You are a phenomenal teammate who is happy to collaborate with your engineering and non-engineering stakeholders.
• Proficient in at least one JVM based programming language, preferable Java.
• Deep knowledge of designing scalable cloud applications on AWS or similar environments.
• Experience with building restful APIs for internal and external products.
• Strong data structure, algorithms and design patterns knowledge
• Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to tailor messages to the audience.
Netflix is an equal opportunity employer and strives to build diverse teams from all walks of life. We offer a unique culture of freedom and responsibility with a clear long-term view. We recommend reading through these to understand what working at Netflix is like.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2nmbm-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.