Senior Software Engineer - Partner Engineering (Bilingual)
The Partner Engineering (PE) team delivers Netflix on hundreds of millions of partner devices from smart TV's to MVPD Set Top Boxes to streaming sticks. The team collaborates with partners across the globe to deliver the Netflix Streaming Client on their devices, which is a core part of the Netflix experience.
We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. This requires our engineers to be involved with SoC, device drivers, and the fundamental system architecture. We are looking for an experienced, talented software engineer to ensure we repeatedly deliver a world-class highly reliable Netflix application. Our partner devices run a diverse set of operating systems including other 3rd party technologies with multiple stakeholder companies spread around the world, making the scaling of the Netflix application a unique challenge. We continue to drive forward the state of the art for streaming device product experiences, globally, through our partnerships including Comcast, Telefonica, Claro, Izzi among many others.
This position will be based out of Netflix's Los Gatos office in California. As a partner engineer for Netflix, you will focus throughout the Netflix ready device lifecycle and your work will directly impact the Netflix business. You will help our partners review SoC choices, driver compatibilities, 3rd party technologies, feature feasibility detection, integration, certification, and post launch. The functionality of Netflix certified products include streaming and playback, standards driven graphics, dynamic UI, payments, security, and other innovative partner-specific adaptations. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of engineers at Netflix and at our Partners. You will get an opportunity to experience the full software stack, influence our highly specialized tools, and review business processes.
Developing, certifying, and maintaining the continuously evolving Netflix experience requires continuous investments. Netflix is a native application and so this role brings together embedded device technologies, white box or code based testing with data driven validation using both general purpose embedded tools and specialized Netflix tools. You will establish correctness and completeness of the Netflix app integration, continuously assess measurability to help internal workflows and systems to be able to drive continuously improved user experience.
Our culture is a bit unique, and we tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix. To learn more about our teams, check out this slide deck or listen to this podcast.
• Help integrate, test, deploy, and improve Netflix ready devices over the entire device lifecycle by using and improving Netflix tools and data.
• Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables over multiple partner engagements.
• Build and maintain our engineering relationships with Netflix partners. Ability and willingness to travel internationally 4-6 times a year.
• Good communication skills in English, and fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese are a must.
• BS or MS degree in any disciplines of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
• Programming or principal leadership experience in two or more from the following: Embedded Linux, device drivers, embedded graphics, software development with a focus on distributed computing, audio/video standards.
• Experience with Operating Systems internals (Linux or Android)
• Demonstrated history and passion for cross-functional collaboration in pursuit of continuous improvement.
• Demonstrated history of delivering on full development lifecycle and multiple successful releases.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1y4bm-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.