The Media Cloud Engineering provides highly available infrastructure for content production and processing across all Netflix productions and licensed content. Infrastructure pieces like massive scale media processing platforms (1, 2), workflows (conductor), media asset management, collaboration, reporting, data processing are some of the key services we build. All this is custom built on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure. We are looking for a senior distributed software engineer to help us build and grow Media Cloud Engineering. In this role you will have the opportunity to apply your skills to develop robust and scalable software. We provide the freedom to execute, learn and pivot, and the responsibility to be self directed, collaborative and insightful.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• Are a quick learner and excited about learning new technologies
• Passionate about automated testing, code quality and engineering best practices
• Advocate software craftsmanship and take pride in your work
• Thrive in an environment with lots of context and minimal guidance
• Enjoy collaborating with engineers across functional teams and have excellent communication skills
• Enjoy taking full ownership of projects from conception to production
• Have 5+ years of experience with languages like Java, C++, Ruby, or Kotlin, and have proficiency in OO design principles
• Familiarity with microservices using Java or or similar languages, using either of RESTful API, gRPC or GraphQL
• Have a good understanding of concepts like concurrency, parallelism, event driven architecture
• Experience in designing and developing large scale distributed systems
Nice to have:
• MS/BS in Computer Science or a related degree
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine or similar
• Experience with technologies like Spring, NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, Redis, CockroachDB), Kafka, Elasticsearch
If you'd like, please share with us some additional information about yourself (e.g. your race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability information). It's completely voluntary. This information will be used to help us know more about people who interview with us and ensure representation in who we consider in our efforts to provide an equal opportunity to everyone who wants to work at Netflix. And for more information about what we collect and how we use it, please refer to the Candidate Privacy Statement.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xo5y-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.