Software Engineer (L5) - Java Integration Framework Team
Netflix has revolutionized the global entertainment industry, and continues to change the way people enjoy their favorite shows and movies. We serve billions of viewing hours every month to more than 200 million member households globally, across thousands of different devices.
At the heart of Netflix technology is the Platform organization, which serves as the foundation for Netflix application development, and powers the viewing experience of millions of customers every day. As part of this Platform Org, the Java Integration Framework (JIF) Team provides the backend application framework to integrate all the Netflix specific needs for our large scale microservice architecture. The Java Team provides guidance, support and innovative technology to keep Netflix on the leading edge of the entertainment industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join us in supporting the growing needs of the Netflix development ecosystem. We need a responsible Engineer who is looking to understand and improve the development experience. If you are naturally curious, empathetic and innovative, you will excel in this role.
What We'll Expect From You:
• Be curious - be proactive in seeking to understand nuances and perspectives.
• Be a strong team player - enjoying working with others collaboratively to find solutions.
• Own and drive initiatives to support Java service development in the Netflix ecosystem.
• Always seek to improve and innovate on the status quo.
• Have a strong focus on developer experience.
What To Expect From Us:
• High Impact - your work will be crucial for the ongoing growth and success of the core Netflix platform.
• Exciting challenges - there is a wealth of opportunity for learning and growing, and our culture both enables and encourages you to rise to the challenges.
• Great team environment - you will be working with other excellent Engineers, who value collaboration and communication.
• Microservice architecture experience (preferred at scale)
• Strong experience with dependency injection frameworks
• Experience working with partner and stakeholder teams on creating solutions with myriad, sometimes conflicting, requirements
• Experience with providing platforms and frameworks
• 5+ years industry experience developing in Java for the above
Nice To Have:
• Experience in managing Java library lifecycle, as well as services.
• Experience working with the Spring Boot framework
• Solid understanding of what can go wrong in a large scale network
• Customer support experience (or similar e.g. teaching, mentoring)
• Experience building developer tools such as Intellij and Gradle plugins
Our culture is unique, and we tend to live by our values, allowing you to do your best work and grow. To learn more about Productivity Engineering, feel free to listen to this podcast.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkpmp8-18-208-187-128-42 in your application.