Senior Software Engineer (Partner Engineering)
The Partner Engineering (PE) team delivers Netflix on hundreds of millions of partner devices from smart TV's to TV Operator set-top boxes to streaming sticks. The team collaborates with partners across the globe to deliver the Netflix Streaming Client on their devices, which is a core part of the Netflix experience. We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. This requires our engineers to engage with SoC, system architecture, and payment systems. We are looking for experienced software engineers to repeatedly deliver a world-class highly reliable Netflix application. Our partner devices run a diverse set of operating systems including 3rd party technologies with multiple stakeholder companies around the world, making time to market a unique challenge.
This position will be based out of our Alphaville office in Brazil. As a Partner Engineer for Netflix, you will focus on delivering our service on TV Operator set-tops and your work will directly impact the Netflix business. The functionality in Netflix-certified products includes streaming and playback, standards-driven graphics, dynamic UI, payments, security, and other innovative partner-specific adaptations. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams of engineers at Netflix and at our Partners. You will get an opportunity to experience the full software stack, influence our highly specialized tools, and review business and scaling processes.
Developing, certifying, and maintaining the continuously evolving Netflix experience requires continuous investments. Netflix is a native application and so this role brings together embedded device technologies, code-based testing, and data-driven validation using both general-purpose embedded tools and specialized Netflix tools. You will establish correctness and completeness of the Netflix app integration, continuously assess measurability to help internal workflows and systems to drive an ever-improving user experience.
Our culture is unique, and we live by our values. It is a key part of our approach to innovation, and so worth learning more about at https://jobs.netflix.com/life-at-netflix. To know more about Partner Engineering, check out this slide deck or listen to this podcast.
• Help integrate, test, deploy, and improve Netflix-ready devices from roadmap to market by using and improving Netflix solutions and tools.
• Manage priorities, deadlines, and deliverables over multiple TV Operators.
• Build and maintain our engineering relationships with TV Operators. Willingness to travel 4-6 times per year to our partners, or to Netflix offices.
• Good communication skills in English, and fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese are a must.
• BS or MS degree in any disciplines of Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, or Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
• Programming or principal leadership experience in two or more from the following: Embedded Linux, embedded graphics, software development with a focus on distributed computing, audio/video pipelines.
• Experience with Operating Systems internals (Linux or Android)Demonstrated history and passion for cross-functional collaboration in pursuit of continuous improvement, preferably in the TV Operator domain.
• Demonstrated history of delivering on full development lifecycle and multiple successful releases, preferably in the TV Operator domain.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvobbj-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.