Netflix's mission is to bring diverse stories from around the world to our global members and entertain everyone. We are in this exciting era of internet TV and have a great opportunity to make an impact on delivering joy to the world.
We are a data infrastructure team responsible for the backbone of the company's real-time data ecosystem, offering data movement and data computing platforms while data is in motion. We are also at the forefront of powering the foundations of eventing based architecture.
We are committed to a culture of feedback, inclusion, and engineering craftsmanship. Every member of the team enjoys empowerment, autonomy, collaboration, and impact.
We innovate and deliver impact on company strategy bets, and power various interesting use cases such as Keystone data pipeline, personalization ETLs, logging, machine learning, heterogeneous data synchronization (and currently evolving with CDC), data quality tracing, and many more!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, with relevant experience in distributed systems to help us build next-generation real-time data platforms. If you have a consistent track record architecting & building large scale systems and enjoy solving intriguing distributed system challenges at internet-scale, and If you are innovative at heart and have a great balance on learning, organizing, building, and enjoy making an impact, this role might be a great fit for you!
Specifically, you will ...
• Build products that will be used by Netflix engineers from across the company. Drive the ongoing product vision on the multi-tenant, cloud-native, resilient, self-serve Stream Processing Platform, and continue to push the limits where the business requires.
• Work closely with our customers & partners, understand their use cases & needs, seek the right problem to solve, and innovate with rigor.
• Collaborate with the team to be responsible for the entire software lifecycle.
• Work on, collaborate with, influence the open-source community, and have an impact in the industry.
Good to have skills and growth opportunities:
• Experience in stream processing engines such as Apache Flink, Apache Samza, Apache Spark, Apache Apex, etc.
• Broad understanding in the Data Platform ecosystem, including but not limited to storage engines, compute engines, and abstractions.
• Strong partnership in driving multi-functional projects forward.
We have a unique culture and live by our values. Please take a moment to read through our culture memo to learn more.