A culture of experimentation and data-informed decision-making allows Netflix to continuously evolve and improve our product, delivering more joy to our 200M+ current members, and attracting new members from around the globe. The nerve center of experimentation at Netflix is our internal Experimentation Platform, which provides flexible solutions for designing, launching, and analyzing experiments, and archiving results.
This hands-on role sits on the Analysis team within our Experimentation Platform. Your main goal will be to enable our users to better exploit the core capabilities of our Experimentation Platform by developing and evolving how our users interface with our systems. You will go out into the experimentation community at Netflix and forge partnerships with the users of our experimentation analysis products, including ABlaze (our front-end reporting UI) and elements of our developer experience. Your goal: ensure that our users are fully exploiting the platform's capabilities for their use cases. This will involve identifying and building new features or tooling, educating and onboarding users, and bringing back ideas that will contribute to the team's longer term roadmap -- which you will help implement. In success, you will develop an in-depth understanding of our platform, build empathy for our users and their pain points, and use your creativity to help solve their problems.
To succeed, you'll need to be comfortable working at the intersection of engineering and data science, as you'll use, evolve, and build on top of our software systems to help data scientists accomplish more. What's most important is your motivation: we are looking for someone who is driven to solve problems through tooling for our users, who is curious to learn about their application areas and their pain points, and who will get as creative as needed to unblock them.
This is an opportunity to learn broadly about experimentation applications across Netflix. And because of the importance of experimentation to decision-making at Netflix, you'll have the opportunity to learn broadly about our business.
• No one will have all of these characteristics. If you have some, and are eager to grow into the rest, we want to hear from you!
• Experience using Python for software development and proficiency with SQL. Experience with data engineering and ETL is a plus.
• A breadth of collaborative experiences with software development, preferably as part of a platform team.
• An understanding of data science challenges and workflows, and experience developing platforms or tools for data scientists. This could come from working on a Machine Learning, Data Science, or Experimentation platform team, working as a data scientist, or through other professional experiences. Exposure to on-line A/B testing is a plus.
• A relentless motivation to solve problems and enable the users of our platform. If knowing that even a single user is struggling, or is blocked, or isn't fully benefiting from our capabilities, fundamentally motivates you to get creative and collaborative to fix it, then this is the role for you.
• Great communication and interpersonal skills, and experience building and maintaining strong, empathetic partnerships with data science or similar stakeholders.
• Great judgment and instincts, gained from a breadth of experience, that allows you to identify and distinguish between nice-to-haves and essentials on a project, and to make good choices about trade-offs (e.g., between simplicity vs generality, exactness vs speed, when to focus on white-glove support vs enabling self service).
If any of this resonates with you, please apply. If you are not an expert in everything listed above, but have experiences you think are relevant and a hunger to learn more, please apply. If this is the role for you but you've a unique personal or career history that LinkedIn doesn't fully capture, we want to hear from you.
Netflix offers amazing colleagues and a rapid pace of innovation. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are always on the lookout for stunning colleagues who bring new perspectives. Our unique culture emphasizes Freedom & Responsibility, and permeates our way of work - hopefully it resonates with you as much as it does with us.
More about experimentation at Netflix
Curious to learn more? Read about how we are Reimagining Experimentation Analysis and learn about the data scientists who use our platform. Even more curious? Find other great resources on the Netflix Research page.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb738o-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.