Senior Software Engineer - User Systems & Data
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is reinventing the way the world watches movies and television. Over 150 million members around the globe already enjoy our award-winning content, but most of our growth still lies ahead. Growth on a global scale requires us to constantly experiment with new ideas across all aspects of the Netflix product -- UI, recommendations, search algorithms, sign-up flows, messaging, video streaming algorithms and more.
The Experimentation Platform team builds internal tools with a big impact across the company. We are currently reimagining and rebuilding our experiment configuration capabilities. These new systems come with new use cases and new users. You will help us build out the next generation of experimentation and feature flag infrastructure at Netflix. We have a particular emphasis on providing high quality, reliable operational visibility into new feature rollouts. Ideal candidates will be excited by the idea of partnering with nearly every product engineering team, deeply understanding their use cases/workflows and building an exceptional product for them.
People who do well on this team are self-motivated engineers with a passion for building robust systems and working closely with technical partners from a variety of backgrounds. We are looking for a person with experience building reliable high scale, low latency systems. We also value people who are passionate about operational visibility and building tooling that supports other teams performing safe, reliable test roll outs. We currently work with Java and are beginning to dabble in Kotlin -- the ability to adapt to changing technology is an important strength.
Our team includes people of all genders, sexual orientation, parents, childless chameleon moms, the self-taught, the university-educated, and people of a wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
Opportunities to Make an Impact
• Design and build the systems responsible for assigning our members into A/B tests.
• Build the next generation of infrastructure that is the foundation for adaptive experimentation -- multi armed bandits, and Bayesian Optimization for example.
• Enable products across Netflix a simple and robust feature flag system.
What Sets You Apart
• Independent, proactive, and able to deliver high quality code with minimal guidance.
• Proven expertise in building and operating scalable distributed services for real-world use cases
• Passion for operational excellence -- both across Netflix and in this team's systems.
• Great communication and collaboration skills. You will work with a wide swath of engineers who build different parts of our product.
• We're bringing unique stories from around the world to a global audience at a scale never done before
• You'll work with other senior, high-performing engineers so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skillset
• We pay top of market with excellent benefits
• Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily