Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
The Company and Product Strategy:
Instant streaming is a core part of Netflix's strategy for the future. Our first product to support instant streaming to TVs was launched in May 2008. Since then we continue to grow the number of Netflix enabled devices across Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, Streaming sticks and Operator set-top boxes now amassing to hundreds of unique integrations. Our partnerships include many of the world's top consumer electronics brands, like Samsung, LG, and Sony as well as many top operators globally.
About the role:
With millions of users streaming Netflix, device reliability is a critical focus area. We want to delight our customers with a service that just works, always. The Device Reliability Team is responsible for post-launch monitoring and supporting our partner's ports of Netflix on Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, general set-top boxes (e.g. Roku) and MVPD set-top boxes (e.g satellite and cable boxes).
We are monitoring device health in the field across hundreds of different types of devices. We triage, root cause, and manage to conclusion issues as they arise. In addition, we drive learnings from these issues back to the rest of Netflix so we can build more resilient products, improve our processes, and build out better test suites. For more background and detail on the team please see this LinkedIn post
We are looking for a technology leader that likes to get their hands dirty to join our team helping our partners build and maintain a world-class, highly reliable Netflix solution.
For additional conversations about our team, check out this podcast.
We are confident you can do this job if...
• You have experience working on Consumer Embedded devices. Understanding of device security, DRM or video pipeline is a definite plus.
• Demonstrated an analytical approach to large data sets. You are skilled at identifying patterns within large amounts of data.
• Exhibit world-class troubleshooting skills, a passion for creating high-quality solutions and applying your skills to new context areas.
• You know how to create and debug code on multiple platforms.
• You have been involved with multiple products throughout the full product lifecycle, including in-field maintenance.
• Worked on large-scale client-server solutions and have experience reading logs across multiple technology sources.
• Knowledge of SQL, data analytics and data representation.
• You have 5+ years of relevant experience.
However, we are looking for more than just technical chops. The team is also seeking someone who...
• Has a proven track record working with cross-functional teams and driving them towards solving issues.
• Understands proactive, cross-functional communication with internal/external engineering teams as well as technical leadership is essential for problem-solving.
• Enjoys working side by side with partners on tough problems.
• Knows when time must be taken to build tools to solve ongoing problems.
• Demonstrates an insatiable curiosity for not just ''why,'' but ''how'' and ''what.''
• Loves pointing to products on the shelf (and in the homes of your friends) to say ''I worked on that!''