Senior Software Engineer - Client Delivery Platform
Los Gatos, CA
The Developer Productivity and Quality team is responsible for developer tools, test automation frameworks and defining test strategy to integrate the Netflix app on a variety of devices from partners like Samsung, Sony, Amazon, Google and Orange. Developer tooling and automation solutions provided by this team enables the integration process to be scalable and effective with high quality.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to drive innovation in developer tooling and test automation frameworks. In this role, the impact of this work will enable engineering teams to integrate, test and monitor the Netflix app that runs on TVs, streaming sticks, and other ''10 foot'' devices. This is an opportunity to help shape the foundations of how applications find their way onto consumer electronics devices. You will excel if you are comfortable with the ambiguity that comes with innovation, can deliver scalable technical solutions, think strategically, make decisions for long term effectiveness and are curious. The results of our work can be seen on hundreds of millions of devices worldwide...and that number is growing every day.
Our culture is unique and we tend to live by our values which will allow you to do your best work and grow. To learn more about Ecosystem Engineering, feel free to listen to this podcast.
What you will be doing:
• Own and drive internal and industry-wide initiatives to improve our partnership integrations.
• Design, develop and maintain test automation frameworks and execution of tests in CI/CD.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability.
• Define and improve testing strategy in evolving partner integration space.
• Evangelize and drive adoption of software development best practices in code health, quality, test stability and maintainability.
• Inspire and encourage behavior through frameworks and ''engineering economies,'' not rules and process.
What we are looking for:
• 7+ years of relevant software development experience.
• Bachelor or Masters in CS or equivalent engineering experience.
• Experience managing automated build/ test/ deployment environments.
• Experience with increasing developer velocity, improving code health and building developer tools.
• You have technical curiosity and ready to help across the team and learn new skills.
• You have a strong bias for automation and taking the time to think about the right way to solve a problem versus quick fixes or band-aids.
• Excellent communication skills. You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and use your communication skills to influence product directions.
• Experience with NoSQL DB like MongoDB, DocumentDB, and embedded systems is a plus.