We are revolutionizing how shows and movies are produced, pushing technological boundaries to efficiently deliver streaming video at a massive scale over the internet. We are focused on disrupting the media and entertainment industry by applying innovative software development and data design practices.
The storage platform team has the primary charter to deliver storage and transport products that provide file and directory access to applications and users around the globe which is performant, secure, and centrally managed. This platform is a foundational building block to multiple studio engineering products.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with relevant experience for the storage platform team. As a key member of this team you will have an opportunity to work on multiple layers of the storage platform stack which include block and object storage via Ceph, transfer plane to move large files efficiently and reliably across different locations, sophisticated control plane that stores metadata and orchestrates the storage platform by integrating with various applications and a file system in user space interface for workstations . This is a cross-functional role where you will partner, collaborate and align with engineering, product and business teams across platform and studio organizations. The scope and impact of the team are rapidly evolving and growing which will provide opportunities to evolve and grow in innovative ways.
Who Are You?
• You are curious, enjoy hard technical problems, and are driven by big impact.
• You enjoy collaborating across cross-functional teams and connecting the dots.
• You are a clear, proactive communicator with good written and verbal skills.
• You build trust and are capable of debating and understanding different perspectives but always be driven by making the right decisions for the business.
• You have a track record of strong technical architecture, product vision, project execution and production operations.
What (ideally) you already know or have experience in
• Storage technologies like FUSE (File system in user space), File systems, Block storage, Object storage.
• Platform development and operational experience in cloud infrastructures.
• Delivered cross-functional complex products across multiple teams.
• Working through quickly evolving business requirements and multiple stakeholders.
We are inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqo986-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.