Product Designer, Personalization
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Data Platform Infrastructure team. Data Platform organization provides centralized data infrastructure and tooling for all of Netflix's data needs. This includes distributed databases, streaming platforms, block storage solutions and big data infrastructure. Our users are both engineers (frontend, backend, data, analytics, etc.) and non-engineers (data scientists, analysts, studio production teams, etc.) The Data Platform Infrastructure team plays an important role in making it easy and efficient to use the Netflix Platform and Security products for building the data platform. The team works with security and platform engineering partners to provide a solid consistent base needed to build the data platform. The team also works with the other data platform teams to help move towards the paved path and drive future investment in anticipation of the long-term needs of the data platform.
As the number of Netflix subscribers continues to grow, and as we scale up in different regions around the world, Netflix depends on Data Platform's ability to adapt to constantly changing data and product needs. As stewards of all of Netflix's data, we strive to provide performant, forward-thinking solutions that will enable our subscribers across the globe to enjoy our content for years to come.
What you'll be doing:
• As a team member, you will collaborate with other teams working on Netflix infrastructure. You will partner with them to drive continuous improvements of our data infrastructure.
• You will build and support platforms and tools that provide high leverage to various data platform teams and its customers.
• You will guide users of Netflix data to use these platforms effectively and champion adopting security best practices and better technologies to improve the efficiency, scalability, and stability of our offerings.
• Strong Software engineering or DevOps background, preferably in the infrastructure space.
• Expertise in object-oriented programming languages like Python, Java etc.
• Knowledge of build/release systems and processes.
• Deep passion for the infrastructure space and solving complex problems.
• 8-10 years of experience with microservice architectures and platforms with 3-5 years of that dedicated to infrastructure
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms like Amazon AWS and understanding of scaling and reliability concerns.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Knowledge of container services(Docker/Kubernetes) is a plus.
• Experience with stateful systems
Why you'll succeed:
• You are curious about how distributed systems operate and fail at scale.
• You have an automation mindset. You seek to fully understand problems, and then produce workable and efficient solutions.
• You reflect and seek feedback on choices and trade-offs in your design process.
• You seek context to inform your decisions, and you adapt to changes according to the needs of the business.
• You are curious about emerging technologies and are interested in evaluating and adapting where it makes sense.
• You are a team player who enjoys collaborating across Netflix engineering.
• You take inclusivity as seriously as we do. You appreciate working with brilliant people from all walks of life, and you work to respectfully engage and collaborate with colleagues regardless of perspective or experience.
We are remote inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.