About the Team
With nearly 200 million members in over 190 countries and a billion hours of streaming each month, Netflix is the world's leading online entertainment company. Netflix continues to shape the future of entertainment by developing personalized ways for members to discover and enjoy a rapidly growing catalog of movie and TV content.
The personalization data engineering team is responsible for building large, web-scale datasets used for personalizing the Netflix experience. These datasets serve as inputs to the advanced machine learning systems that drive our product innovation. All of this is done by leveraging Big Data infrastructure like Spark, Flink, Kafka, Cassandra, Presto etc to build data pipelines, frameworks, and services.
About the role
Given the size, complexity and criticality of our datasets, we are looking for a Software Engineer with a deep analytical mindset and experience with modern distributed systems. As a member of this team, you will drive innovation in big data processing by contributing and adding to the team's suite of data products and frameworks. You will also have the unique opportunity to partner with our world-class algorithm teams to drive continuous improvement to Netflix personalization via A/B tests.
Skills required for this role:
• 5+ years of experience building production data pipelines (using Spark, Flink, etc.) on web-scale datasets.
• Proficiency in at least one major programming language (e.g. Java, Scala) and ability pick up new tech skills independently.
• Hands on experience with schema design and data modeling, with an unmistakable passion for elegant and intuitive dataset design.
Qualities we value:
• You have a passion for engineering excellence and tolerance for ambiguity in a fast-paced setting.
• You are independent and can allocate your time judiciously. You employ organizational context to resolve competing priorities.
• You are able to strategically partner with diverse stakeholders to drive innovation.
• You seek to drive change and influence others through clear and effective communication.
You can learn more about Netflix's unique culture of Freedom and Responsibility, that presents an opportunity to work with some of the best and the brightest, allowing you to make a difference to our business in a meaningful way.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yq01-44-192-253-106-42 in your application.