Senior Data Scientist - Studio Production Data Science & Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Creative Tools and Environments (Animation)
Studio Engineering builds the applications used by our creative partners producing original content. We're bringing unique stories from around the world to a global audience at a scale never done before, powered by Netflix Studio Engineering. With over 190+ million paid memberships and growing, our solutions enable the entire production workflow and provide innovative ways to develop and manage entertainment at scale.
In this role, you'll have a direct impact on how shows are produced on a global scale. With an increasing slate of diverse original content, the studio's internal production infrastructure needs are rapidly expanding and evolving. This effort will unite top creative talent from across the world to tell unique stories in novel ways. You will help define these partnerships and workflows connecting individual artists both with each other and the wider Netflix ecosystem.
People who do well on this team are autonomous engineers with empathy for creative users and a passion for technology innovation. We look for individuals with experience in distributed, cloud-based application development using microservices architecture. We also value people who are passionate about great user facing experiences and workflows.
In this role you will:
• Elevate filmmakers worldwide with cutting edge creative tools
• Connect Animation and VFX artists across the globe to tell unique stories in novel ways
• Engage with top creative professionals to define new workflows and techniques
• Leverage existing Netflix technology via cross functional partnerships.
• You'll work with other senior, high-performing engineers so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skill set
• You'll collaborate with product managers and designers and content creators, to build exciting new features
What We Are Looking For
• Ability to design and build microservice-based distributed systems
• Experience with Java and its ecosystem of frameworks and build tools.
• Independent, proactive, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
• Curious to learn new technologies and flexible to confront a variety of work
• Great communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
Looking for More Information? Check Out the Following Resources:
• Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily
• We have a lot of fun bringing wild ideas to life at Hack Day!