Senior Security Analyst
Los Angeles, CA
About the team:
Core Data Platform is the server-side infrastructure team that develops, operates, and supports open-source data stores for applications and services at Netflix. Our team is looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to help us develop the data storage features, tooling, and automation that will scale Netflix in its mission to entertain the world! As part of this team, you'll contribute to open source projects such as CockroachDB and Cassandra and write complex automation to scale and support our deployments of those products.
Our team is passionate about distributed data systems technology. We are active in the open-source community, believe in operating what we own, and pride ourselves on operational excellence in support of Netflix's ever-growing data needs. We are a small team responsible for business-critical systems and are committed to a culture of feedback and engineering excellence. For more information on our work, please visit our CDE Channel.
If you can...
• Address complex problems at both an application and system level
• Collaborate effectively with teammates, technical partners and stakeholders
• Troubleshoot complex operational issues by gathering and analyzing data from various sources
If you have...
• 5+ years of relevant software development experience
• Experience operating and enhancing scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems
• Exceptional proficiency in Java or Golang
• Experience with Python
• Experience with CockroachDB or strong RDMS knowledge
• A high level of responsibility, ownership, and accountability
If you practice...
• Rigorous design and code reviews
• Refactoring and applying software design patterns to improve and optimize code
• Commitment to high quality, maintainable software
• End to end ownership of software you build
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zn5j-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.