Senior Technical Program Manager, Information Security Engineering Program Management
Los Gatos, CA
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Gateway (Zuul, Infrastructure, Open Source)
How do you feel about being a member of a team that handles all the inbound and outbound traffic of Netflix? Think about more than 183 million members in 190 countries who are able to enjoy amazing stories - we serve them all! Think about Netflix Studio and creative talent - they do rely on the solutions we offer. We are on the edge between the Internet and Netflix Cloud. Our job is to protect Netflix services from DDoS attacks, route and shape customer traffic, retry and hedge user requests, provide insights, automatically detect anomalies in service behavior and much much more. Being on the Edge is super exciting and impactful! We provide API Gateway (layer 7) and Push Notifications solutions to the company. Both services heavily utilize Zuul OSS - an open source software that we develop.
We are seeking an enthusiastic engineer who is interested in building innovative tools and features to support our direct partners, such as device, web, playback and API services, studio, reliability, and operations teams. Your ideas and skills will create important new features and systems that will directly impact Netflix's front door traffic and systems.
• You have experience working on and operating either complex distributed systems or large scale.
• You want to build and operate highly reliable, easy to use, impactful systems.
• You are great at communication and are partner and customer focused.
• You are well versed in Java or other object oriented languages.
• You have experience or aptitude for building distributed systems.
• You have a solid understanding of transport protocols (HTTP, HTTP/2, WebSockets, etc).
• You enjoy working with and building partnerships with different teams across the company.
• You've read about Netflix's culture and think you would thrive in such environment.
• Extra bonus: prior experience with technologies like Netty, ProxyGen, Nginx, Envoy, ATS
Here are a few recent talks and posts from members of our team that highlight some of the work we do:
• Evolution of Edge @Netflix
• Scalable Anomaly Detection (with Zero Machine Learning)
• Zuul's Journey to Non-Blocking
• AWS re:Invent 2018: Scaling Push Messaging for Millions of Netflix Devices
• Open Sourcing Zuul 2
• Zuul 2 - Netflix Journey to async non-blocking systems
• Rethinking Netflix's Edge Load Balancing