Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment by creating content people love and bringing joy to people around the world.
As Netflix continues to innovate on its product and grow its member base, it also has a strategic bet to build a globally connected and data informed studio that can manage hundreds of productions simultaneously. The scale and challenges of integrating production and studio data with the product data is unprecedented in the industry.
The data platform is at the core of Netflix success. The big data warehouse team is part of the data platform team and is responsible for two key missions. We aspire to build an intelligent big data warehouse that could abstract the details of managing large datasets in a big data environment. We are also building a centralized metadata platform for the entire company as we work towards a coherent data strategy across Netflix. Here is the team's charter that has more details on the missions of this team.
We are looking for distributed systems engineers to help evolve and innovate our infrastructure. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team to bring new perspectives as we solve the next set of challenges. In addition, we are open to remote candidates. We value what you can do, from anywhere in the US.
In this role, you will:
• Build products that are used by Netflix engineers or business users from across the company. Drive and deliver the ongoing product vision of intelligent big data warehouse and centralized data governance platform.
• Collaborate with team members to architect and build our infrastructure and be responsible for the entire software lifecycle.
• Work closely with our customers, partners to understand their use cases & needs. Seek the right solution to their problems, and innovate with rigor.
• Evaluate new technologies and approaches as we continue to evolve our big data platform for increasing scale and complex business requirements.
About you and what you find joy in your work:
• You are agile, adaptive, and creative in solving business requirements by applying your engineering and analytical problem solving skills. You welcome challenges such as navigating ambiguous requirements to figure out business needs. You thrive in collaborating across teams to build towards a vision that is bigger than the sum of the teams.
• You are self-driven and passionate in building quality, maintainable, and performant products and take full development ownership end-to-end.
• You find joy and fulfillment in empowering and helping users. To you, success means creating leverage and making a business impact by building product and abstraction on top of infrastructure so the users could focus on what they do best.
• You like to share our experiences with other companies in the tech industries and open source communities.
You demonstrate experience and knowledge in the following areas:
• 4+ years of experience in building large scale distributed applications.
• Experience in design and development of RESTful web services for internal or external products.
• Building and operating scalable, fault-tolerant, distributed systems. Experience building on public cloud is a plus.
• Expert in Java or other object-oriented programming languages. Python or Scala expertise is a plus.
• BS in Computer Science or related field.
We are remote inclusive and our culture is unique. We tend to live by our values, so it's worth learning more about Netflix here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8565m-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.