Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
More About the Team
Our team is part of the Platform Engineering organization and our goal is to raise the level of abstraction of our observability systems by combining machine learning/statistics on real time data, domain knowledge and dynamic visualization. Some of the work from our team:
Telltale: Netflix Application Monitoring Simplified
Edgar: Solving Mysteries Faster
We are looking for a passionate software engineer with experience in designing, implementing, and operating large scale distributed systems and excel at collaborating with partners. Ideally, you have a background in request tracing systems, time series telemetry platforms, application performance management tools or log management tools.
Required Skills & Experience:
• 7+ years of relevant software development experience
• Be driven and bias toward autonomy. Take full ownership of a product or feature from concept to launch.
• Deep understanding of OOP/OOD principles, design patterns and data structures
• Strong software development experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Python, C++ or C#
• Experience writing scalable web services
• Experience with Python or R
• Bonus - Exposure to and/or experience in the following:
• Stream processing engines, such as Spark Streaming, Flink & Storm
• noSQL stores such as Cassandra, MongoDb & DocumentDb
• Commercial and/or open source technologies in the log management, distributed tracing and analytics domains e.g. LogStash, Splunk, Zipkin, New Relic etc.
At Netflix, we like to move fast, bias towards action, and rely on great people to make good judgment calls. You should also love solving real problems and making an impact for the company, your partners, and your teammates. Things also change fast and often, so you need to be able to function well with ambiguity and be comfortable making decisions under uncertainty. For more on the Netflix culture, read our culture document.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.