Senior Software Engineer (Pipeline) - Animation Studio Technology
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to 209 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. We've become one of the largest entertainment studios in the world, creating new original content at an incredible pace. The Studio Innovation product team is front and center of this growth. We build software that fuels the production and creation of Netflix content. The Animation Studio Technology team within Studio Innovation builds products that power the Netflix Animation Studio ecosystem. Netflix is on a path to release six animated feature films per year, which no major studio has ever done, on top of the very healthy slate of animation series.
About the Role:
A Software Engineer (Production Pipeline) designs and implements tools and systems that manage and visualize the data used to create animated feature films. The Digital Animation Pipeline (DAP) team is responsible for integrating proprietary and third-party tools into production. Pipeline Engineers are involved with every production department from Design to Final Render. Pipeline Engineers standardize the workflow to ensure a clean handoff of data. Each engineer is responsible for producing reliable and reusable code and provides assistance to Technical Directors during the design and deployment of departmental tools.
• Develop storage solutions, web services, and APIs to support a cloud-based pipeline for animation production.
• Develop a distributed, collaborative platform for the integration of the multiple 3rd-party tools required for pre-production, asset development, and shot production.
• Work closely with the other Netflix Software Engineering teams to leverage shared platform technology and ensure successful software deployment.
• Troubleshoot and debug problems across multiple departments and software packages.
• Work with all departments to perfect workflow and data transfer.
• Continually review the pipeline and provide solutions to increase overall efficiency.
• Strong programming skills. Extensive experience in Python, C++, or Java.
• Familiarity with 3rd party tools like Maya, Houdini, Nuke, ShotGrid, and their APIs.
• Experience with multiple GUI toolkits (Qt a plus).
• Experience with back-end persistent storage mechanisms such as SQL, Protobuf, JSON is a plus.
• Ability to establish priorities, drive results and work independently or within a group.
• Exceptional communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
For more information on what it's like to work at Netflix, please take a look at our culture memo!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn71k-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.