Senior Software Engineer, Playback Data Systems
Remote / Virtual
The Animation Studio Technology team within Studio Innovation builds products that power the Netflix Animation Studio ecosystem. Netflix is on a path to release six animation feature films per year, which no major studio has ever done, on top of the very healthy slate of animation series. With over 200+ million paid memberships and growing, our solutions enable the entire production workflow and provide creative ways to develop and manage entertainment at scale.
We are seeking Senior Engineers to join our Digital Productions and Animation Technologies (DPAT) Engineering team. The DPAT team builds products and services to power workflows for animated and live-action content creation. In this role, you will collaborate with Product and Design, and numerous other cross-functional teams such as Platform, Infrastructure, and Security teams to build complex strategic initiatives from inception to delivery.
People who do well on this team are autonomous engineers with empathy for creative users and a passion for technology innovation. We look for individuals with experience in distributed, cloud-based application development using microservices architecture. We also value people who are passionate about fantastic user facing experiences and workflows.
In this role you will:
• Elevate filmmakers worldwide with cutting edge creative tools
• Empower creative artists across the globe to tell unique stories in novel ways
• Engage with top creative professionals to define new workflows and techniques
• Leverage existing Netflix technology via cross-functional partnerships.
• You'll work with other senior, high-performing engineers so you will be constantly learning and sharpening your skillset
• You'll collaborate with product managers and designers and content creators, to build exciting new features
What we are looking for:
• Technical skills required:
• Ability to design and build microservice-based distributed systems
• Experience with Java and its ecosystem of frameworks
• Independent, proactive, and able to deliver production-ready code with minimal guidance
• Curious to learn new technologies and flexible to confront a variety of work
• Great communication and collaboration skills working cross-functionally with other engineers, product managers, and designers
Looking for More Information? Check Out the Following Resources:
• Our culture is something we strive to constantly improve and practice daily
• We have a lot of fun bringing wild ideas to life at Hack Day!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ekwk-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.