Senior Security Partner, Application Security (Gaming)
At Netflix we do one thing - entertainment - and we aim to do it really well. To accomplish this goal, we must produce, distribute, and stream content at a massive scale. We are now also leaning into a new way to experience entertainment with Netflix Games. We have a strong engineering organization that enables us to achieve business objectives and a unique culture that guides us to operate with ''Freedom and Responsibility''. This helps keep engineering velocity high, but also means that our security team needs to operate differently than a traditional security team. Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility to do the right thing for Netflix. Instead of controlling engineers with process and security gates, we enable them to build secure code and provide them with adequate security context to make the right decisions for Netflix.
The Application Security (Appsec) organization at Netflix helps secure internally built systems and applications that run the Netflix business and the streaming product. We aren't your typical Appsec team because we focus our efforts on scalable investments in both our engineering and partnership services. The Appsec Partnerships team is the part of this organization that builds close partnerships with key areas in our engineering ecosystem to identify and drive high impact security initiatives (e.g.: Secure by Default in Developer Productivity tools, Secure Application Gateway for all workforce apps).
We are hiring for a security partner role to support gaming product development at Netflix. In this role, you will work closely with engineering teams building edge services, platform features and backend infrastructure in support of this new product experience for Netflix subscribers. We are looking for security engineers who can be the voice of security in the gaming initiative and identify the right security investments to help us build a strong security story for the Netflix Gaming experience. You will also leverage your security skills to support the Netflix bug bounty program, participate in our product security incident response efforts and other operational appsec responsibilities.
• You have a strong application security background with a focus on scalable approaches to product security.
• You have experience with threat modeling, security design reviews, and security architecture.
• You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to translate security objectives to engineering team asks.
• You have experience partnering with cross-functional teams to deliver widely impactful security initiatives.
• You demonstrate excellent judgement in prioritizing security efforts to mitigate the appropriate risks.
• M&A (Mergers and Acquisitions) Product Security experience is a plus.
Finally, here's a few more reasons why we love this work and think that you will too:
• You will have the opportunity to facilitate impactful security work for the Netflix engineering ecosystem.
• You will work with an industry leading security team with many opportunities to reduce risks in existing projects and identify new ones.
• You will have the opportunity to research new ideas and share your ideas across the community.
• You will work closely with domain experts in diverse areas such as microservices architecture, big data, compute platforms and content delivery networks.
We are looking for thoughtful security professionals who enable our mission and support our culture of freedom and responsibility. You can learn more about life at Netflix by watching our security talks or exploring our open source work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqmjj9-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.