Senior Software Engineer - Partner Engineering
Los Gatos, CA
As a global company, Netflix's customers come from diverse backgrounds. And each of these backgrounds allow them to experience joy from Netflix in their own unique way. Ultimately, this joy is rooted in our customers' ability to trust Netflix. At Netflix, we earn this trust through our actions every day. And we work hard to continue to build this trust with our customers throughout the world.
The Customer Trust team at Netflix is a central security team that sets a broad strategic vision in the trust space. We execute on that vision through both technical work on the team and cross-functional partnerships, addressing problems related to account takeover, service abuse, customer targeted scams, DDoS and more. We are looking for a security engineer to join our team to drive at-scale solutions for detection and prevention across the fraud landscape.
What you will work on:
The person in this role will drive insights and discovery of fraud in our ecosystem by understanding our infrastructure, identifying high risk areas and driving changes to our anomaly detection and product experiences. You will leverage your strong security and fraud prevention expertise to analyze patterns, identify new signals, and recommend adjustments based on impact to our customers and Netflix.
• Develop data-driven insights to influence our account security strategy, including identifying new signals for anomaly detection
• Compile and track anomalous request patterns and identify potential mitigations
• Plan and recommend changes to increase the security of the network and service stack
• Analyze error logs to quantify potential device level vulnerabilities and identify endpoints that can be exploited
• Develop characterizations of request attributes across a diverse device and client ecosystem to quantify potential automation
Desired skills and background:
• Passionate about protecting our customers
• Experience with various aspects of fraud and abuse types, preferably in streaming services, including familiarity with DDoS, Account Takeover and Phishing attacks.
• Experience working cross functionally with a diverse group of stakeholders
• Ability to lead by influence. This role requires advocating for change with a variety of teams in Netflix's unique culture.
• Experience with analytics (SQL (Presto, sparkSql, python)) and critical thinking
• Software engineering or scripting background is preferred.
We are looking for thoughtful security professionals who enable our mission and support our culture of freedom and responsibility. You can learn more about life at Netflix by watching our security talks or exploring our open source work.
The Netflix culture permeates our work environment. It determines who we hire, how we work together, and how we make decisions. It encourages us to bring our best every day while valuing collaboration over individual achievement.