About the Security Operations Team
As Netflix has grown, so has our approach to security operations. For a considerable time, a strategy of building around human operations work kept us from investing in a traditional Security Operations Center (SOC). As organizational size and complexity, cross-spectrum threats (i.e., physical domain), and non-automatable security events have increased, so has the demand for an expert information security operations team, or a SOC. As one of the founding members of our newly forming Security Operations team, you will have tremendous influence over the vision, implementation, and operations of the SOC.
For this role, we are looking for a curious and innovative Senior Security Analyst with a passion for information security operations, customer service, and automation. You will be responsible for responding to and triaging our workforce's security requests, automating support needs, analyzing security events from multiple sources, developing metrics and visualizations, and managing the SOC's workflow.
Our ideal new team member has first-hand experience working in a SOC and has a breadth of experience across the information security domain. You are good at understanding and solving complex and ambiguous problems and constantly seek improvement.
What you'll need to be successful:
• You have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• You possess a breadth of knowledge and experience across the information security domain, such as endpoint security, SIEM, IDS, identity management, vulnerability management, incident response, and threat intelligence.
• You have hands-on experience analyzing and responding to security events, such as conducting log analysis, developing queries and analytics, troubleshooting security issues, and correlating diverse data sets.
• You have some experience in system and network administration across multiple platforms and environments.
• You seek out process improvement opportunities through automation.
• You have experience providing excellent customer service across a complex organization, ideally as part of a central support team.
Netflix allows the security team to approach security differently. We've shaped our security principles to align with our culture of ''Freedom and Responsibility'' and ''Context not Control.'' Employees have tremendous freedom in their work, along with the corresponding responsibility and the accountability to do the right thing for Netflix. Read more about the Netflix culture here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r718n9-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.