Senior Researcher - Kids & Family
Los Gatos, CA
With around 200 million households across 190 countries, Netflix is a place where you can impact how entertainment is produced, promoted, and enjoyed worldwide. In this Senior Product UX Researcher role, you will be responsible for defining, leading, analyzing, and socializing research studies to guide the company's strategies on Messaging.
Messaging is a part of our Customer Health Consumer Insights team, where we try to cultivate a meaningful relationship with our current and prospective members throughout their journey with Netflix. Have you ever received an email or push notification from Netflix? Well, that very likely came from the Messaging team. But the outsized impact of this role extends far beyond those channels. The team's charter is to build unbreakable bonds with our consumers through direct, personal, and vibrant messaging-driven experiences. You can read more about the messaging team's impactful work on the Messaging @ Netflix site
If the thought of directly enriching the experiences of hundreds of millions of users with your work excites you, let's talk!
What You Will Do:
• Develop and own research roadmap in messaging space for the entire company
• Partner with cross-functional teams (including Product Management, Design, Customer Support, Data Science, Brand, and Communications) to proactively identify, prioritize, plan and execute high-impact research initiatives.
• Synthesize and communicate your findings and recommendations across the company using innovative and creative approaches
• Experiment with innovative and compelling ways to shed new light on customer experiences to help inform strategic and tactical decision-making for our business
• Types of initiatives you will work on with your cross-functional partners:
• Developing generalized messaging principles for when and how we should use messaging across our different channels
• Launching new communication channels and optimizing current channels
• Evolving our messaging design and template systems across outbound and in-app channels
We Are Looking For:
• Demonstrable experience in product, user experience, communications or marketing research, with hands-on experience with qualitative & quantitative research methods
• Leadership in building extensive research roadmaps/agendas and managing relationship with multiple cross-functional partners
• A curious mind that is always eager to explore new ideas and approaches
• Ability to proactively solicit and define research questions, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
• Passionate about translating findings into actionable strategic business recommendations using creative and innovative approaches
• Advanced degree in UX research, psychology, social sciences, or a related field is preferred but not required
• Embodies the Netflix values while also bringing a new perspective to improve our culture. We strongly believe that diversity of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and better products for our customers
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zbm1-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.